Relationships and Health Education
PSHE Intent Statement
The RHE content forms part of the Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) national curriculum subject. Our PSHE curriculum is rooted in the following two key aspects,
1. To provide our children with opportunities for them to learn about rights and responsibilities and appreciate what it means to be a member of a diverse society.
2. To encourage children to develop their sense of self-worth by playing a positive role in contributing to school life and the wider community.
3. To equip children with life-long skills that will enable them to have healthy and safe relationships through the teaching of the Relationships Curriculum.
4. To provide our children with the knowledge to make informed decisions about their mental and physical wellbeing through the delivery of the Health Curriculum.
The end goal is for our children to become healthy, independent and responsible members of a society who understand how they are developing personally and socially, and give them confidence to tackle many of the moral, social and cultural issues that are part of growing up.
Through the teaching of RHE, our aims are to provide children with:
- the knowledge and understanding of different relationships
-the ability to identify any concerns they have about a relationship
-coping strategies and awareness of how and where to seek support
- the ability to understand their rights and responsibilities in a range of relationships
- the ability to reflect upon how to make good, informed and safe choices concerning relationships and healthy lifestyles
- the knowledge of how to keep themselves safe in a range situations including online
Thank you for your time and co-operation.