Welcome to our Nursery page
Helping your child be ready for Reception in September.
- Allow and encourage children to put on their own coat and fasten their zip/buttons.
- Allow and encourage children to begin to dress and undress themselves ready for PE lessons.
- Encourage children to chat and talk about family photographs so they are aware of who is who in their household as well as their family in general.
- Use pictures to encourage children to talk about what they can see and to begin to ask questions about what they can see in pictures.
- Visit our school videos and photographs on this website to see familiar adults and areas in school.
- Encourage children to practise counting from 0 up to 10, to begin to spot some of those numbers out and about and to begin to collect the amounts in groups by moving objects one at a time from a larger group.
- Encourage your child to find their name, know what it looks like and to begin to write their name so that it is recognisable.
- Encourage your child to hold a pencil with a tripod grip and a comfortable grip to make marks.
- Allow children to use chalks and paint brushes to make marks on slabs outdoor to practise large drawing movements.
- Begin to teach children how to play simple games such as snap and simple age related board games.
- Encourage them to complete simple jigsaws by turning pieces to fit into spaces.
These skills will help your child as they move towards the Reception curriculum.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you to Badgers and Foxes classes.
Nursery planning for Spring 2021
During lockdown this half term the following are the weekly home learning plans for Nursery.
- Please make sure you keep in touch with us on the Class Dojos.
- Send pictures of your child working on their tasks
- Send pictures of the work your child completes
- Please message us daily for any support or advice to support your child completing the tasks.